Soft cheese this week come in several varieties from producers near and far:
• From Four Fat Fowl in Stephentown, NY, St. Stephen, or simply Steve, is a triple-cream made from jersey cow’s milk and cream, which create a silky interior with buttery and milky overtones while the bloomy rind adds an earthy flavor and nutty undertones
• Also fromFour Fat Fowl,Camembertha is a camembert with a soft-ripened bloomy rind, milky and vegetal tones, and excellent funky vibes
• From Berthaut in the Burgundy region of France, Epoisses is a legendary stinky cow's milk cheese with a superlatively creamy, custardy texture and a funky washed rind
• From Jasper Hill Farm in Greensboro, VT, Harbison is a sweet milky cow's milk cheese wrapped in the bark of local balsa trees, adding meaty, smoky notes of juniper
• Also from Jasper Hill Farm in Greensboro, VT, Willoughby is washed in saltwater brine and has a strong aroma of peat, roasted beef, and onions and milky, herbal, peach flavors within
• PDO taleggio, a cow's milk cheese with a sweet and delicate flavor and a deep and intense aroma, comes by the 8oz piece from Carozzi in Lombardy, Italy
• Smoked Paprika & Garlic and Garlic & Herb fauxmaggio comes from Dan's Power Plant in Holyoke, MA
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.