Pasta this week is organic and comes in several varieties from two producers:
• Tagliatelle are the classic ribbon cut pasta for pairing with cream- and butter-based sauces — from i Sapori del Vallo in Campania, Italy
• Cavatelli, a specialty of Apulia, snare pieces of sauce in their small cavity and slide down easily — from i Sapori del Vallo in Campania, Italy
• Orecchiette means 'little ears' and it's great with big chunks of vegeatbles, ith broccoli rabe is one traditional accompaniment — from i Sapori del Vallo in Campania, Italy
• The einkorn macaroni pairs the classic shape with the nutty, toasty taste and high levels protein and essential nutrients of the ancient grain — from Sfoglini in West Coxsackie, NY
• The whole grain reginetti is made with organic hard red wheat flour and organic durum semolina for richness and nutrition, complimenting any sauce — from Sfoglini in West Coxsackie, NY
• "Cascatelli is the result of one pasta-obsessed podcaster with a dream," says Eater. The creator designed the pasta to maximize 'sauceability' or how readily sauce adheres to the shape, 'forkability' or how easy it is to get the shape on your fork and keep it there, and 'toothsinkability' or how satisfying it is to sink your teeth into it. — from Sfoglini in West Coxsackie, NY
• The radiators use an organic, durum semolina flour that has higher protein levels, exceptional flavor, texture, and nutrition, and the ruffled edges make this pasta superb at capturing more sauce — from Sfoglini in West Coxsackie, NY
• Bucatini is long cut pasta with a round, hollow cross section. It's the classic pasta for carbonara and amatriciana, and it comes from Di Martino in Campania, Italy.
• Fresh potato gnocchi also comes from Di Martino in Campania, Italy
• Vermicelli rice sticks comes by the 16oz package from Erawan
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.