Regular price $8.50
Pairs of hand pies are available from NLBCo, which is based in New Lebanon, NY. With a flaky buttery pastry, the four-inch semi-circular pies are a great portion for lunch or dinner.
• The chicken hand pies — a miniature version of the chicken pot pie by NLBCo. — include chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and fistfulls of herbs. Think lunch for one rather than dinner for four. Yum!
* * *
And these friends will be back soon! 🤩
• The pizza hand pies include housemade italian sausage made with pork from Climbing Tree Farm, canned garden tomatoes, fresh basil, parmesan, and fresh mozzarella from Maplebrook
• The breakfast hand pies include housemade bacon, local scrambled egg, Cabot cheddar, and garden chives
• The ratatouille hand pies are topped with parmesan and include the classic medley of roasted vegetables — summer squash by Morningstar Farm, eggplant, tomatoes by Five College Farm onions, garlic — as well as fresh local basil and oregano
• The chard and potatoes hand pies include rainbow chard from Morningstar Farm and red potatoes from Jekanowski Farm, drawing from a family recipe made by four generations of women gardeners
• The spinach and feta hand pies are inspired by spanakopita and include local spinach and cheese by Cricket Creek, and lots of dill, parsley, mint, and garlic
• Using housemade mexican chorizo, the chorizo hand pies include pork from Climbing Tree Farm, queso fresco, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, cheddar, and gold potato.
• Inspired by samosas, the vegetarian curried potato hand pies include organic gold potatoes, sweet peas, and onion as well as garam masala, toasted cumin and coriander, and fresh ginger and cilantro
• With the pastry mimicking paratha, the fiery vindaloo hand pies include Climbing Tree Farm pork, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, black mustard seeds, chili powders, tamarind, red bell pepper, and potato