Flash-frozen fish this week comes via BerkShore in one-pound packages:
• Swordfish is USA-caught. These steaks have a typically firm and meaty texture.
• Monkfish is locally caught off the Boston pier. It is sweet, mild, firm, and almost meaty in texture, all of which is why it is sometimes called "poor man's lobster."
• Skate filets come from the wing of this fish. It has a mild flavor and a texture similar that of scallop or crab. It's classic in French cuisine, which it is pan fried in brown butter with capers.
• Acadian redfish, known as ocean perch but actually a member of the rockfish family, is plentiful in the Gulf of Maine. With bright red-orange skin and a mild flavor, redfish has a mild and sweet flavor and a medium-firm texture.
• Black sea bass, a member of the grouper family, is legendary for its delicate flavor, moderately firm texture, and small white flakes.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.